Tuesday 27 March 2018

Autumnnessness


I'm loving the change in seasons here.  So far the temperatures have only dipped by a few degrees (still over 20C most days) but that steamy humid summer is receding, thank goodness.


J got a new umbrella and promptly broke two of the spokes within 24 hours.  But it was fun while it lasted.  Grrr.



We're harvesting pumpkins galore and J's kindy is holding a giant pumpkin competition this week.  We certainly have the space and B has the competitive spirit so we might have to go in for that one next year.  When both girls will be at kindy oh my god.


Even my wide-angle lens couldn't get this whole rainbow in.


What's better than chubby legs in woollen tights, I ask you?  I keep getting fluff in my mouth from biting them.


We picked the last of the apples which is half sad and half a relief.  These ones will become a crumble because did you not hear me say crumble.


It's the time of the wood cutting and the stacking.  B operates the chainsaw and I take great pride and care in stacking it beautifully.  Last year we just had a big heap in the middle of the shed which made my neck itch every time I looked at it.  This year it's all going to be neatly stacked right.  They're saying there's going to be a firewood shortage in Taranaki this year.  Not at our place.  I'd better get a lock for the woodshed I think.


I don't know about you but I seem to buy way more than we end up eating and our pantry gets to this point of being so full of random ingredients that some stuff has got to start going out before new stuff can go in.  So things like this packet of jelly, that I bought on the off-chance I might make ambrosia, has been made into just plain old jelly.  I didn't hear any complaints though.

I also am looking for ideas for fifteen tubs of McDonalds hot cake syrup, five different kinds of chilli sauce, creamed corn, tinned tomatoes, and forty-five half-full packets of pasta in different shapes.  Get back to me.



What's been going on at your joint this week?  Do you throw random things in your shopping trolley that you then have to create weird and wonderful recipes to use up?  Or is that just me.





No comments:

Post a Comment