Tuesday 14 February 2017

Welcome!

Welcome to the shiny new Ten Acres Blog!

This is where I'll be chronicling my adventures with my family as we pack up our life here in Perth and make the move to New Zealand, where we'll be living in a little cottage on - you guessed it - ten acres.



Firstly, some background:
I'm from South Australia.  My husband is from New Zealand.  We have two very young daughters, J and A (sorry for the abbreviations but you know, digital footprints and all that).  Suburban Perth hasn't offered quite what we'd envisaged for our girls' childhood so we're taking the plunge for ye olde tree change.  For lots of space and mud, and veggies, and ponies.  Not to mention multiple grandparents all within 20 minutes' drive (or less!), whereas in Perth we have a grand total of oh yeah ZERO.

We'll still be in Perth for the moment while our little cottage in NZ is basically pulled apart and put back together again.  Which means, lots of fun renovation posts!  Is there anything more boring than reading about someone else's renovation?  Probably hearing about someone else's dinner.  Or seeing photos of their garden.  Exactly the kind of thing that I'm going to post about all the time.

I'll also be cracking excellent awful excellent puns at every opportunity.

If there is anything about that which appeals to you, stick around.  If you're really excited at the thought, you can enter your email address in the box under Subscribe over there on the right.  You'll receive every post via email so you don't miss a nail-biting moment.

I'll be back soon with the first "proper" post.

Thanks for joining me!

x Prue



2 comments:

  1. We are going to miss you but I look forward to reading about your new life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Will probably be in Perth for months yet, at this rate haha!

      Delete