Monday 29 November 2021

So close!

As I type, the carpet is being laid in the bedrooms, and the kitchen installer is finishing off his last few bits and pieces (handles, toe kicks, etc).

The wooden floor is now finished, and beautiful!




The dust though! So much fine powdery dust everywhere. All over the walls, windowsills, in every drawer, cupboard and shelf, a fine coating on all the vanities... The clean up is epic. I'm trying to tackle it by degrees so I don't keel over and die from the enormity of it all.


The piles of top soil are now gone, and in the new year we'll get the fencing sorted (if/when we ever have money again). I've sown the grass seed and there is now the faintest tinge of green all around.



All the concrete is now poured, including the gigantic driveway. These kids better not ask to go to the bike park ever again, they now have their own huge bike park to ride to their hearts' content (7-10 days from now anyway).


The cladding on the front entrance is still to be done, but I'm loving this view of the house as you pull in the gate. I have some grasses ready to plant around the front entrance once I can organise a trailer load of top soil.

By far my favourite development this month though, besides the floor, is the kitchen ever closer to completion! With a functioning kitchen we can move in (ok yes and toilets...)!  The rangehood is up, the splashbacks are almost complete, and look at that beautiful benchtop.

We had this benchtop custom made and boy was it worth it! I'm a little nervous about how shiny it is but apparently it will dull down with use. At the moment no one is allowed to come near it with one sticky finger. I love it.




So shiny!

 So, the age old question, when are we moving in? Well, it's close enough that I have called the movers to book a date! Yes we will be using movers. Neither of us want to deal with the hassle and drama of trying to shift everything ourselves, and for the sake of a few hundred dollars I consider it money well spent.

I'm hoping to be in next week, B reckons it'll be the week after. Who wants to lay a bet??





1 comment:

  1. I believe Mrs Cowley is keeping the high standards that the Cowley Clan expect. Everything is of the highest quality the attention to detail is quite remarkable. It has a a homely feel about it already. Once all the expected outdoor work is completed it will be a picture perfect spot .
    Perhaps in years to come visitors will be taken on walking tours through the gardens with a cup of tea with Mrs Cowley and her daughters at the end of it.

    ReplyDelete