Saturday 8 April 2017

Farewell Perth Garden...

I've put my 50mm lens back on my camera since it's way more compact than my wide angle lens.  And I've been reminded how much I love that 50mm lens.  It takes such nice photos.  I mean, yes, I have to stand about a kilometre back from my subject to fit it in the frame.  But, ugh.  Such good images.

I was therefore inspired to do a last walk around the garden here in Perth before we leave.  It's all looking so good and it feels such a shame to leave it when it's really starting to look complete.  The house will be rented out until we eventually sell and we know, we know, that tenants most likely will not look after it the way we have.  That's fine.  Sigh.

This is a bit of a photo essay just for my own records so I might not even bother to caption these.  I mean the captions would just be: "plants", "other plants", "more plants".


Oop chubby little baby hands, how'd those get in here!

Plants



More plants


J is addicted to peas fresh off the vine which is lovely and all but also means no peas for the rest of us because she's physically incapable of leaving them alone long enough to actually, you know, ripen.


Other plants







And lastly - because I'm all about keeping it real - cleverly cropped out of my garden shots is the ever-growing collection of toys, bikes, wagons, and doll strollers, which have taken over the backyard.


2 comments:

  1. I remember as a child always eating the peas of the vine and getting into trouble! I just have a point and shoot camera and I would love to upgrade. Your photos and garden look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's taken me a lot of mucking around and experimenting to get my photos to this point and I'm sure that from a professional's point of view they're still not very good but I really enjoy taking them!

      Delete