Saturday 14 April 2018

My crown is in my heart


“My crown is in my heart, not on my head; not decked with diamonds and Indian stones, nor to be seen: my crown is called content, a crown it is that seldom kings enjoy.”
― William Shakespeare
It's a year today since we arrived in New Zealand to live.

I had been so excited in the lead up, but on the big day I didn't feel anything like how I expected to feel.  It all came crashing down on me as we drove to the airport that day, hours away from leaving our beautiful life in Perth. 

I was terrified. 

I suddenly thought it was a huge mistake.  I couldn't even talk.  I spent the first week here sick with a shocking cold, lost my voice, and inwardly was freaking out.

Luckily I got well again, and life got amazing.  You can read the first post I wrote after we arrived here.  Gosh I can't believe that was a year ago.  The kids were so little!


Every day now we collect eggs and check on our cows and eat apples from our orchard.

I remember those first few times driving home along country roads, barely believing that this wasn't a holiday and we weren't going to leave.  I still drive those roads and drink in the views.  Every time I turn in our gate I still can't believe we get to live here.




Our girls will never remember anything different.  This is their childhood.
“My crown is in my heart, not on my head; not decked with diamonds and Indian stones, nor to be seen: my crown is called content, a crown it is that seldom kings enjoy.”
― William Shakespeare










No comments:

Post a Comment