Monday 15 March 2021

Frames and trusses


What a difference a fortnight makes, am I right?

You might recall that last time I left you with this tantalising image:

It was a Sunday and the very next day they started standing the frames up.  I'm officially obsessed with walking through the house.  One of the benefits of living 200m away is that we go down to the build site after the builders are gone, the kids play on the mountains of topsoil, and I pick up rubbish and walk through over and over again.  I love this house, you guys.


It's suddenly moving forward so quickly.  The frames were up within a week, then the trusses came along. 


Now we can really start to see what the house will look like.  As you can see the scaffolding is also up now in readiness for the roofers.

West elevation. The front door is tucked in behind that ladder and the garage is to the right of it.


North elevation. There'll be big sliding doors in the middle leading out onto the deck. In my mind I'm already out there in a very comfortable chair sipping a drink.

South elevation - bedrooms galore


So, next stop: roof! 

No comments:

Post a Comment