Monday 1 March 2021

Slab down!


Is that not a beautiful sight? 

Just like everyone told me it would, the build has suddenly progressed at pace these past few weeks.


The slab was poured last week, after more council/engineer wrangling over the foundations.  We got that all straightened out amidst much drama and many phone calls to and fro, so that the pour could go ahead on schedule.

The guys arrived long before dawn, we awoke to the rumble of trucks, and by mid-afternoon it was just a lone sprinkler arching back and forth to keep the slab wet as it cured.

My sister informed me that it's bad luck not to scratch your names into the slab and luckily I got there just in time before it hardened forever. We do not need any more bad luck on this project, that's for sure.


Then the frames were delivered on Friday and I've stared at them impatiently all weekend because I knew they'd start going up today.

And they are!  I've already been able to walk through the master bedroom, the kitchen, the hallway with its lofty ceilings... It's so good to be able to visualise what it will be like once complete.  It's going to be beautiful.  

But you'll have to wait for the next post for all of that!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment