Thursday 24 February 2022

Taking stock




The clothesline is sagging under the weight of towels, sheets, and pillowcases. The washing machine has been sloshing almost constantly since 7am. And there's a little girl with pale cheeks asleep in her bed at midday on a Thursday with a bowl beside her.

No prizes for guessing what's going on in our house today.

Seems like as good a time as any to take stock! Who remembers this? Takes me right back to blogging circa 2012.

Making: a pink cardi for that pale cheeked girl.
Cooking: zucchini. I never want the season to end.
Drinking: a lot less wine, and feeling so much better for it!
Reading: old blogs from circa 2012, which is what reminded me of the fun of taking stock.
Wanting: my little girl to feel better.
Looking: at the washing spinning on the line. Thank goodness for sunny windy weather! Best disinfectant I know.
Playing: Wordle, and not understanding the fuss everyone is making over the words.
Wasting: time blogging when I could be separating the sleeves of the aforementioned cardi.
Sewing: nothing at the moment which is ridiculous considering that, for the first time in my life, I now have a dedicated sewing desk.
Wishing: school holidays were a bit closer.
Enjoying: the change in seasons. Soon the sun will be coming inside in the afternoons.
Waiting: for good weather on a weekend so my friend and I can hike to the summit of Mt Taranaki.
Liking: my new/old tracksuit pants from the op shop.
Wondering: if I was supposed to move the cows today. 
Loving: feeling like autumn is on our doorstep.
Hoping: no one else catches the tummy bug.
Marvelling: at how quickly one gets used to not having a vegetable garden.
Needing: to figure out what's for dinner.
Smelling: the scent of fabric softener. I know it's a pointless luxury but I love it, especially in times like these.
Wearing: my new track pants non-stop!
Following: the covid news, much as I'm desperate to tune out.
Noticing: that my kid's wet bag is coming apart at the seams. Maybe there is some sewing in my immediate future.
Knowing: that it'll be a very early bedtime for me tonight.
Thinking: constantly about my family in Australia. Three years next month since we were all together.
Bookmarking: sweater patterns for my sister.
Opening: the compost bin and releasing a cloud of fruit flies UGH.
Giggling: inwardly at my sick girl telling me solemnly this morning that she will need a lot of attention today.
Feeling: so happy in our new house. Living here is so easy, it could not be more perfect.







No comments:

Post a Comment