Monday 5 March 2018

It's a making frenzy! With bonus social politics

I'm not sure if it's the change in the seasons or what but I'm deep in the midst of a making frenzy.

Obviously I had to deal with all the apples that fell during Cyclone Gita, and after looking at many apple cake recipes, and considering the prospect of yet more stewed apple taking up valuable real estate in the freezer, I chanced upon Kate's recipe for fruit leather.  Which is now known in our house as apple strippy-straps.

They are extremely popular with J (although, predictably, not with A *EYEROLL*), and are amazingly easy to make.  The best part was that the half-jar's worth you see below came from at least a kilo of fruit.


You'll also be relieved to know that I've been ticking off some of those crafty WIPs too!  J's cardigan is finished, and true to form she is refusing to wear it.

Once again I don't care though because look how sweet it is!



Could I be more proud?  Nope.

Ravelry details here.


I also finally dragged the sewing machine out and made a couple of pillowcases out of those quilting cottons.  They took hardly any time at all and I'll certainly be making more.



I tell you, my craft basket is positively roomy with all these projects out of the way!  I haven't even been tempted to cast on anything new.  Yet.



I'm still plodding along on my Sauvie vest.  This project may kill me but I'm determined to be wearing it this winter so I keep forcing myself to work on it.  I've decided that the bit I'm knitting at the moment, which is meant to be the back, will instead be the front.  Then I can knit the back in plain old easy stockinette stitch because I just can't face any more moss stitch.



The going is soooo sloooow.



To break up the monotony of Sauvie, and to ensure that I do have at least one cosy woollen vest this winter, I've been working on another vest called Eria.  This one is working up super fast in that lovely tweedy yarn I was telling you about the other day.


Oh you might have noticed those pretty needles.  So, yes.  After expressly saying that I wouldn't cast on any new projects and I wouldn't be buying any lovely new needles... I went and did both of those things.

But look how pretty!  And satiny smooth, with nice sharp points.  I feel no remorse whatsoever.



Now on an entirely different note, I have a tricky question for you.  I'm a fairly upfront person and I always prefer to get any problem or conflict out in the open and resolve it.  

The other day I happened to find out that a group of friends I've met recently (to be clear, we are all new to each other, it's not that they knew each other previously) had made plans to catch up without inviting me.  Now don't worry, I'm not very hurt - although obviously it stings a little - because as I say we've only met recently.  But my natural instinct is to want to ask them about it.  But then I think, they're hardly going to say "Yes we don't like you", are they?  

So rather than make everyone uncomfortable I should just let it lie and move on.  Right?  I'm curious, what would you do in that situation?









No comments:

Post a Comment