Thursday 24 May 2018

And now for some answers...

Ok so that last post with all my burning questions is officially my favourite post that I've ever written!  Thank you so much for all the responses.  I loved reading everyone's thoughts.  Although I still don't know what to do with Snapchat.

If you've no idea what post I'm talking about or if you've forgotten it already, here is the link: All the big questions.

And now let's talk answers!



Spoiler alert: no one has the answers.  Disappointing.  I know.

When it came to dinner time with kids, most people do eat together as a family.  We still don't, and I can't figure out how to introduce it yet.  B gets home from work at 6pm at the earliest, which is also A's bedtime.  And the idea of him eating alone every night if I eat with the kids just makes me sad.  So for now we will continue to have two sittings for dinner until the kids get older.

Oh and as for dinner prep, some people do it earlier in the day, and other lucky people have partners who are home by that time to assist with kid wrangling.  What must that be like?  I bet it's wonderful.

Showers.  Some, like me, shower at night.  Other (again, lucky) people have kids who they can plonk in front of the tv or, and this really has me daydreaming, are able to get up before their kids wake.  I bet that's pretty bloody wonderful too.  I hope you guys appreciate this.

Most people are also interested in a good not-falling-down brand of jeans.  My friend E recommends Country Road jeggings (don't let that name put you off apparently).  Link here: Country Road Jeggings.  I'm going to invest in a pair myself.  I have nothing to lose at this point.

*hitches up waistband for eleventy billionth time today*

As for make up, most say no not every day, except for maybe some basic eye make up and foundation.  I wear it very rarely myself.  Sometimes I remember to put mascara on but mostly I'm bare-faced and pretty unself-conscious about it.  It's very freeing don't you think?

The accumulating stuff is an issue for everyone!  Which is comforting but doesn't solve the problem does it.  The best suggestion was to burn it all.  Efficient.  Oh and my question about this inadvertently led to further questions from you re my passing mention of the oil diffuser.  It is Doterra.  My mother in law gave it to me.  I literally know nothing about oils, but I do like this thing and use it regularly, hence it taking up valuable real estate on my benchtop.

No one is actively interior designing their house.  Phew.  Me either.

No one has a great solution for dealing with the phone storage issue.  In fact some people are hoarding literally thousands of unread emails on there, which I still feel a bit woozy when I think about it.

I just realised that all the questions in the original post are numbered 1.  Fail.

We are all inventing stupid errands to get out of the house with the kids some days.  Phew.  Me too.

None of us are mindless consumers.  Op shopping is popular and definitely one of my favourites to get a shopping fix for next to nothing.

My friend L gave me a good tip re Instagram stories: use them for things like photos of dinner or videos of kids that don't need to clutter up your actual feed.  It makes sense to me now!  I have mostly stopped posting dinner photos for that reason... although I definitely do not need another excuse to post even more stuff of my kids.  Sorry in advance everyone.

Still no one can explain Snapchat to me.  I need a 20 year old friend I think.

Wasn't that fun and informative?  I already have a whole list of new questions which I'll probably pester you with at some stage down the track.

Oh and if you didn't get around to answering the original questions I'm still very interested to hear your input.








No comments:

Post a Comment