Saturday 29 July 2017

A visit from Grandpa

Hi gang!

It's been a little while since my last post as we had a visit from my dad, J and A's Grandpa, last week.

Speaking of my previous post just quickly, thank you for the lovely response!  I know it doesn't change anything about the situation but it's always reassuring to hear just how many people have experienced the same thing.  I especially like you people whose non-sleepers have gone on to log 12+ hours per night within a year or two.  Keep those tales coming please!

We had a great time last week with Grandpa.  The last time he saw the girls was at Christmas so it was wonderful for them to see each other again.

J had an absolute ball with her captive audience all week and got her fill of kisses and hugs and tickles.

The weather was pretty average the whole time, plenty of rain, but we managed to squeeze in a bit of sightseeing including one trip up the mountain during a brief spell of sunshine.  Dad will probably want to kill me for posting this, but here is his bald spot he admiring the mountain.



We were having too much fun for me to take many other photos during the week, most unlike me but sometimes it's nice to take a break from capturing every single moment.



We did take Grandpa to the Brooklands Zoo which we are quite devoted to.  I'ts beautifully done, with a farmyard, a huge monkey enclosure, a walk-through aviary, a big playground in the middle, and - my favourite part - entry is free.




The rain has continued into this week, and the girls and I have all come down with colds.  It's like a mouth breathers convention when we all sit around the table together.

J is now doing two days per week at kindy starting this term and loving every minute.  She's really gaining confidence there and talks about the place for the rest of the week.  It's been a great fit.  I love arriving to pick her up to find her pottering around in the garden with her little friends or just sitting quietly doing a puzzle, perfectly content.


Well, I'm fresh out of things to talk about so here is another photo of the mountain because: mountain.







No comments:

Post a Comment