Sunday 30 July 2017

Up the mountain

Ok, so yesterday's post was a little lacklustre, even by my standards.  Nothing like writing a post because you feel you should, even though there's not much to talk about and even fewer photos to share.

Clearly a do-over was in order.

Luckily, yesterday, in between writing uninspired prose, I also took a trip up the mountain with B and the girls.  AND I took my camera.

Firstly, random shot of J watching the rain last week.  Little cutie curly-top.


Now, onto the good stuff.

It was one of those sparkling winter days that they do so well here.  The air was crisp but the sun was warm.  Hardly a cloud in the sky.  The mountain beckoned.



Clearly it had beckoned to a lot of other people too because the obnoxious "boy racers" (that's what they call hoons here.  It's too cute a name for what they are) were all there too, being obnoxious.

J's first experience of snow



B's car told us that it was about 2 or 3 degrees celsius up there.  It was quite pleasant in the sun though.  If we'd been able to have some coffee and cake that really would have rounded out the afternoon.



I always take way too many photos of the mountain.  Even with my DSLR, photos do not do it justice.  It's very frustrating.  My dad confirmed it last week.  He's seen the mountain via my photos obviously, and he agreed that photos simply do not compare to seeing it in person.  It's huge!  It towers over you!  You will just have to trust me on this!







It was such a beautiful day.

In totally unrelated news, the daffodils have all come up in our paddocks and are now flowering and what stunning flowers they are.  They're some kind of double extra frilly variety, so I'll have to dig some up to put in the house garden for easy access.


I really must work on my nighttime photography skills.  But you get the idea.


After such a clear day, we had an extremely cold night last night which led to a major freeze.  So get excited for some (more) frost pics that I took this morning!  Do you think this frost obsession of mine is almost as tiresome as my autumn colour obsession?  Or possibly even more tiresome?

I'll leave you pondering that one.






No comments:

Post a Comment