Tuesday 19 June 2018

Signs of spring?!

It's finished!  It's finished!  I finally completed my Posy Cardigan which Ravelry tells me I started on the 3rd of April.  I'm so happy to have it out of the basket.  And I'm (predictably) really happy with the result. 




Of course there is the odd mistake so that you know it's handmade.  And I know I shouldn't point them out but...

Grrrr
I had so much trouble with those diamonds you guys.  I had to rip back so many times.

How did I not notice that this was going awry??
Anyway.  It's done.  Raveled here.  Next!

The rest of the news today is perplexing and exciting all at once.  If we're friends on Instagram or Facebook you would already know: we have lambs!  Twin lambs!

The poor mother had been creeping around the paddock for a week with a huge belly and the fullest udder you've ever seen.  Every morning I looked out the window expecting to see a tiny bundle beside her.

Then one afternoon we were moving some fallen tree branches in the paddock and B said that she was lying down as he drove past and didn't get up.  Then he suddenly realised that she had a tiny lamb there with her - so new it wasn't even on its feet yet.

It was so magical and exciting watching her gently cleaning and nuzzling her baby and then nudging it onto its feet.  Her tummy was still pretty big but we didn't see any more babies before dark so we assumed she was done.


Then the next morning I looked out the window to check how they were doing and... is that... that looks like... TWINS!


They are SO CUTE.  I'm dying.  I look out the window about 40,000 times per day.  I'm trying to only go out there once or twice a day, and not get too close, but it's really hard.  They are adorable!!  We had about 36 hours of seriously wet and stormy weather straight after they were born which was almost more than my nerves could take.

But she is an excellent mother and very protective.  One of the lambs mistakenly wobbled over to the ram who gave it a bunt with his head and that mother was up and between the two of them in a flash.  She's also given me a warning when I've got a bit too close.  Ok fine.


So we have lambs and as I was walking back to the house I realised the daffodils in the paddocks are up.  Some have flowers on them already.


Yes chookies, you're very photogenic too.



And I see my jonquils are already flowering beside the house!  What month is this?

I must tell B that we need to paint the house a darker colour as the white is a disaster for photography. 
He'll totally understand
Last of all, something for the "things I want to remember" file, J has been coming out with the sweetest little comments.  In between the threenager attitude from hell that is.

Here are a few examples from the last couple of weeks:

  1. We were driving to the park on a sunny day and out of nowhere she piped up, "We're so lucky aren't we Mummy?".  I NEARLY DIED.  "Yes honey, we really are".
  2. Having breakfast together as a family on the weekend she was tucking into her food saying, "Oh, yum!  Delicious!" then looked over at my plate and said, "Your breakfast looks lovely too Mummy!"
  3. Then this morning I was getting A dressed and J says, "That's a nice top.  I love your top, A!"
See what I mean?!  Scrumptious.








2 comments: